Monday, February 24, 2014

Why do we lie to ourselves?

Good evening lovelies, 
I'm sure you have all been there.  The moment you realize that you have been deceived by someone.  You are feeling so stupid and hurt because you "trusted" them.  Before you continue to blame the other person I want you to ask yourself, did I lie to myself?  Yes, you read that right.  Did you make up a situation in your head and convinced yourself that it was true.  If you answer me with no you didn't just make it up, look deeper.  

Yes we have all been there but lately I have been watching someone struggle with this.  They will be called B.  So B convinced themselves that their friend loved them and would eventually realize they wanted to be with B.  From the outsiders view point and the friends view point this was never even something on the table.  The person who will be refered to as M had a fiancé.  A couple you can tell love each other.  However, up until recently B was convinced that M was going to leave their fiancé to be with B.   So of course after what seemed like a post that sounded like an ultimatum was going to  be given ended with another post stating the realization of being used an obviously M was not going to leave the fiancé for B.  Now of course everyone on the outside knew this was the outcome.  So why when it is so obvious to those on the outside that it is not obvious to B? 

The truth of the matter is we lie to ourselves so much that when we want something bad enough we convince ourselves that things are how we want them to be. 

As mammals we want more than anything to be loved.  There are so many lies that we tell ourselves when we want so badly to be loved.  I have to tell you do not listen to the lies you tell yourself.  I know I did it as well when I was younger.  Convincing yourself that you are happy with the person because you are terrified of being alone is not a good enough reason to stay with them.  You are just postponing your true happiness.  My best advise is to just go out there and live your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment