Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Louis Vuitton Revamp!?!

While it seems rumors have been swirling around the fashion house Louis Vuitton, only time will tell which turn into facts.  If any of you have been on the purse forum lately in the Louis section I am sure you have seen some of these rumors.  With new designers and the departure of Marc Jacobs after sixteen years it sure seems that they are trying to take the brand in a different more luxe direction.  For a company that has been around since 1854 I am fairly certain they are going to have the brand compete better with Chanel and Hermes.   

Rumors: 

Disappearance of the Monogram 
Image from: website businessoffashion.com
While this may be shocking to many it does not surprise me.  From the 90's through 2000's it seemed monograms were everywhere.  I know I participated in this and I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been feeling these need to be phased out....at least for awhile.  I am sure the pitchforks and fire torches will come out, but allow me to explain.  While I agree that the Louis Vuitton monogram is a classic look I think that the brand has been cheapened unfortunately due to all of the counterfeits that have flooded the markets.  What person wants to spend large amounts of money on a product that others, who do not mind buying knockoffs, purchase for much cheaper and walking around like they have the real thing.  Yes, if you know the product you can tell if it is fake, but to those that can't it's just another bag that may or may not be real.  While I don't see them completely getting rid of the monogram print as it is a part of their history I do see them reducing the merchandise with the print.

Adios Multicolour! 

 
Image: http://angelnudged.blogspot.com/2011_11_01_archive.html 

This rumor appears to have been confirmed by quite a few Sales Associates.  The multicolour sales numbers I am sure have been declining for the last few years.  While it is a great pop of color there is just something youthful about the Multicolour Monogram.  For the clientele I imagine they want to attract this is a line that will detract from the overall appeal.  I do wish that I owned a wallet just because the colours are brilliant.

HELLO Luxury.....
Louis Vuitton Extraordinaire NN14 Belle de Nuit PM Bag - Spring Summer 2014Louis Vuitton Fuschia NN14 Fatale PM Bag - Spring Summer 2014Louis Vuitton Black NN14 PM Audace Bag - Spring Summer 2014


images: http://www.spottedfashion.com/2013/12/03/louis-vuitton-spring-summer-2014-bag-collection
 
Can I first start out with how much I adore these bags.  The price on the other hand I do not love. One of the reasons I believe they are pushing for a wealthier clientele is these bags.  The cheapest of this style in the monogram print and PM size is $2230 with the most expensive in the $30,000 range.  Luxury leathers and skins are not always easy to find so I do wonder how they will manage around that hurtle.  While I have just started on my Louis Vuitton collection I must say I am a little disappointed that right when I have started getting into it they are increasing the prices and changing their lines.  Mostly because I feel that customers like to get their feet wet first before diving in.  I think that my next Louis bag will be the eva clutch in damier ebene, which I know is not where they will make their money since it's one of the lower end products.  However, I love the damier ebene print and planned on getting at least a few pieces in this print before switching to the leather bags.  I don't know about the rest of you but when I start out collecting a brand I don't want to buy the really expensive ones right away. 

Neverfull Replacement
  
images: http://www.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/louis-vuitton-neverfull-bags.html
  
image: http://www.illtakeboth.com/2013/11/louis-vuitton-monogram-neo-neverfull.html

Rumor has it that the Neo Neverfull is replacing the Neverfulls with the mono's being in the first wave.  From a business move I see why they are doing this.  However from a customer's point of view I am not sold on the Neo.  The price is only part of the issue, the biggest issue I have with the Neo is the ridiculous pouch.  A better idea would just be to include the mini pochette.  Including a tiny pouch that holds next to nothing is not going to make customers want to purchase the bag.  However, as I am not sure what their plans are for the damier neverfulls I do not want to completely disapprove of the neo and I love the option of choosing an interior color.  If they do this with the Damier prints I may be able to overlook the tiny pouch.  I do realize that they are trying to go back to exclusivity.

Goodbye Speedy?


  
image: Louis Vuitton

Rumors are going around that the speedy as we know it is going away.  I can see them revamping it like the neverfull and charging more.  I highly doubt that they would actually get rid of the Speedy bag since it's so much of an iconic bag.  I can see them getting rid of some of the sizes, and possibly redesigning them to have a place for a strap that would be more discrete than the bandouliere.   

An End to the Vernis Indian Rose, Citron,and Empriente Infini

I'm assuming that they bring out new colors at least every year.  I'm looking forward to seeing the colors they bring out for each line.

So overall I am looking forward to see the direction that artistic director Nicolas Ghesquière will take the house.  Till next time loves!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment