Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Marc Jacobs bag reviews

Marc by Marc Jacobs Totally Turn lock Quinn bag.
Sorry for it being turned on it's side.  As a hobo bag this was difficult to photograph.  Now looking back I realize I should have stuffed it, but I took these photos back in November.  So on to my review.  I purchased this bag in the fall of 2008 right after I got back from NYC.  I had spending money for shopping while there, but since the entire week was filled with fashion for 2010/2011 nothing caught my eye.  So once I got back to Seattle I knew I wanted to shop.  While I had been a huge fan of coach bags I had become tired of seeing everyone having them.  So I went to Nordstrom in search of a new leather bag.  I stumbled across this Marc by Marc Jacobs Turnlock bag.  I had never spent so much money on a bag so while I loved the other colors available I was uncomfortable choosing any of those so opted for the black.  To this day I still have very few black bags and I am content with my decision to get this in black.

I had heard of Marc Jacobs, I was attending fashion school at the time, but I did not buy the bag because of the designer.  I do not purchase bags because they are designer I purchase them because I love them.  No one should ever buy a bag just because other people have them.  That seems like an expensive item just to fit it.  I collect bags, so instead of spending money on other things that others are interested I save for bags.   




 I absolutely love the leather and the silver hardware.  The slouchyness is what makes me such a huge fan of this bag.    It has two pockets on the side with turnlocks but I have not used either pocket for anything.  I'm not a pocket person, as you will see in a photo below I just throw everything in my bag.


The inside has the Marc Jacobs fabric.  Also has a zip pocket and two non zip pockets.  My only complaint I think is the non zip pockets because my stuff gets lost in them.  Like I said though I do not like pockets. I still love this bag and consider it my first designer bag purchase, even though I have a small collection of Coach and Dooney and Bourke bags.

Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Karlie in Lobster Red
  I can not say enough good things about this bag.  I had wanted a larger bag, but we were unable to afford it, and really the practicality of a larger bag would be an issue.  I received this as a Christmas gift from my hubby in 2012.  He wanted to get me some of the cheaper ones but I was adamant about this bag, not necessarily the color.  Again I was unsure of buying a colorful expensive bag, but I am so thankful he picked this color.  The photo does not do it justice.  It is a beautiful color.  I carry it with my Betsey Johnson diaper bag, because you could not pay me enough to put my stuff in with my newborn babes things( you know like poopy diapers and spit up things!)   So this bag has worked out perfectly for me. 
  There are six card slots which is plenty for me and room for a phone, keys, coin pouch, chapstick and a camera if you are inclined.  The bag is beautiful but my one complaint is the color transfer from dark denim.  I was extremely disappointed when I started noticing the blue line that started showing up on my bag.  Thankfully it's on the back so people wont see it, but no amount of cleaning has taken it off.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!  I've tried baby shampoo mixed with water.


  While some may complain about the name plate I think it adds that extra design element to the bag that breaks up the lobster red.  The gold chain also adds an edgy touch to the bag but the beauty of this bag is you can also remove the chain and carry it as a clutch.

These are the only two bags I have in my collection but I have my eye on a few others but I have become much more choosy when it becomes to what bags go into my collection.  Till next time loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment