Monday, January 20, 2014

Kindle cover

I had gotten the hubby a kindle fire a few years ago, and we use it on occasion.  I originally had knit a cover for it, but started thinking a more discrete cover was in order if I was going to carry it around.  So after some long pinteresting I stumbled across a diy cover. 
So I grabbed an old book I had lying around and got to work tracing the tablet on the page so I could take and exacto knife to the thing.  It's a little overwhelming to cut a book the way I did but I knew I wouldn't read it again, and once I got past the first few cuts I was on a roll.  I did find that it was easier once I had glued the pages together.

I got to work gluing all of the pages together and I think it would have been easier if I used rubber cement over a glue stick.    


I didn't have rubber cement on hand but I did have spray adhesive so I used that to flue the pages together a lot better.  Than I decided to glue some felt so I could protect the tablet.


After finishing this cover I ended up adding some black duct tape around the edge of the cover so that the felt would stay in place and for a cleaner look.

I unfortunately didn't get a picture of that so hopefully I will remember later to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment