Thursday, January 30, 2014

Duct tape clutch

After seeing a duct tape clutch I decided to mix card board, duct tape and fabric to make a hounds tooth clutch. 

I started with a spare piece of cardboard and folded it into the shape of the clutch.  







  I wanted a divider in the clutch so i cut some cardboard and duct taped it to the main piece. 


 

The tricky part of this project was securing the fabric on what would be the inside of the clutch.  It took a bit of playing around with it until I got it to where I wanted it.



In order to secure the fabric to the cardboard I duct taped it in place.  This was by far the most difficult part of the entire process.  Once I got the main parts secured the rest was much easier.



 I wanted the clutch to have pockets so I used extra pockets and used some black duct tape to keep the pockets in place.



I also made card holder slots.  By creating individual pockets and taping the bottom of each so the cards don't fall through.



 I also made a lip stick holder.



 In order to keep the edges closed I taped two pieces of tape together.



 Make sure to leave enough tape on each side to stick it to the clutch.



I outlined the clutch with the small black duct tape that you can get from the store.  Then I put velcro on it to keep it shut.


I have a finished clutch that is perfect for a night out with the hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment