Monday, January 13, 2014

Glossy box subscription!

My love for fashion is also a love for a conpleted look.  I adore eyelash extensions, but haven't had them in probably a year and a half if not two years.  I also love experimenting with beauty products, but rarely buy them.  I go for a classic but natural look when it comes to makeup so after some thought I decided to start researching beauty boxes. 

I decided to ask my bestie if she had heard of birch box or glossy box.  She, unfortunately for me, had not.  So off to YouTube and blogs I went to research the many, seriously there are so many, beauty boxes.   Now I am very intrigued to try a few different boxes/bags.  I do not want to go overboard so I have decided, after seeing the sneak peak for glossy box to order that one first.  So they showed two products that would be included.  One is a winter weather cream and the other is a beauty blender!  Omg I have wanted to try one of those out for awhile.  So needless to say I am so excited and can't wait for it to get here.  It did say shipping would take 7-10 business days.  I think the latest I would get it was in February.  Now I hope to get it sooner, but understand that I did order it in the middle of the month.  

Now I will review the different companies I was/am considering.  

Birch box:  so I had heard of Birch Box a few years ago and was interested but never looked into.  So I went to their website and "signed up" aka you have to be on a waiting list.....so not impressed.  So I proceeded to YouTube to watch some reviews and have to say I wasn't impressed.  I mean I don't know exactly what I was expecting for $10, but I'm not a huge fan of those little teeny, tiny sample sizes. I was able to come across more box subscriptions while doing the initial research, so that was the good from that process.  

Glossy box: I'm going to preface this with I have watched many negative and positive reviews.  From my understanding a big complaint is how late the boxes arrive, and from earlier videos the boxes were sometimes hit or miss.  I watched a few of the more recent reviews and it seems that the products are getting back to the quality of when they were first introduced in the states.  I will of course keep you posted. 

Ipsy:  so I was very, very tempted to go for this one.  Seems to be more focused on makeup. The problem I have with this is why pay for something that color wise may not look good on you.  I was also torn on the bag the products come in. Some were cheap and flimsy while others seemed decent.  Again unsure why I would expect more.  I did love the idea of getting more bags to use.  

Julep maven is the final one I researched.  I came very close to ordering this one.  My complaint was the little introductory box. Only comes with two polishes and a beauty product.  So you are still paying $20 for next to nothing.  I will have to look up more reviews.  

Until next time my loves 

No comments:

Post a Comment