Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thrifting WHAT!!

Good morning lovelies,
I woke up ridiculously early this morning due to a coughing fit sooooo blog post has ensued.
For some reason Mackelmores song Thrift Shop pops into my head whenever I go thrifting.  I always start out super excited, but I really am not a good person to go thrifting.  Buying used clothes just does not appeal to me.  Furthermore have you seen the prices?!?!?   Completely Redonkulous.  I was finding basic t-shirts for $7 I mean really you can find a basic T brand spankin new for $5 when they are on sale. 

So I used to say oh poor people can just go to the thrift store and buy clothes, because well we donate our old clothes so they can buy them for cheap.  Of course after seeing the high prices I just want to say I'm sorry for ever saying this.  Lets face it thrift stores are supposed to be there to sell used clothing to people in need.  Now I don't know about you but I know there is no way that poor people could afford to shop there.  So now I'm going to switch it to shop yard sales you can find good clothes in good condition for much cheaper than at the thrift shop.  Ok ok end of my rant

So back to thrifting......My bestie who absolutely loves thrifting came to visit so of course we went thrifting.  She found three things and I found some kids clothing.  She gave me some tips when it comes to thrifting.  I will say I do look for knitting needles and yarn at the thrift shop and have found great value there. 

Tip #1
Go OFTEN!!
They get new stuff all the time so make sure you go sporadically so that you can comb through everything.

Tip #2
Check all sizes
Not everything is where it should be, so you can find the size you need in a different sizing area.

Tip #3
Check for wear
You are able to find New to like new items, but sweaters are by far the hardest to find.

Tip #4
Sales
Learn when they have sale on things

Tip #5
Give yourself enough time
I have no idea how long we were there but we looked through almost every rack that applied to us.

Tip #6
Give yourself limits $$$
Determine what you think is a reasonable price to pay for something used.  Don't spend more than that.

  Tip #7
Have Fun!!!
I of course grabbed the most ridiculous tutu dress I could find to try on oh and a fur vest.  I'm on the hunt for a fur coat though so a vest just wasn't going to cut it. 

Have you been thrifting lately?  Are you appalled by the pricing?  Or do you have any other helpful thrifting tips, please let me know in a comment below. 
Till next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment