Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The art to getting what you want

Good morning my lovelies, 

I've been doing some thinking, which is never a good sign.  There are so many people out there who are unhappy with their lives for one reason or another, some even go so far to drag others down with them.  Now this post originated from the idea that it is simple to get a gift you want and love from your significant other as long as you follow a few suggestions.  While I was thinking about it I realized that it goes with anything you face in life. So while I am discussing getting what you want as a gift it is very simple to throw in whatever you want most in life.  

Disclaimer* I was very fortunate to marry a man who pays attention to me and spoils me.  He knows what I like but also listens to when I mention I like something.  I have received a necklace that I didn't remember showing to him, but I loved it and when I asked him how he knew he mentioned me pointing it out to him months before.  Great significant others are not always easy to come by and I realize that my situation is not what everyone's situation is, however, I use many of these methods on my family as well.  

Some people may call me materialistic and I may enjoy things or love certain things I own, but my family and close friends come before any thing ever would.  In all honesty if there were a fire I would make sure my hubby and son were safe before grabbing our important documents, certain photos(wedding canvas, photos of my son when he was born and my wedding books). Also life experiences, such as traveling is a close second.    

However, my family has always been big gift givers and making wish lists was something I had always done.  Seriously I'm going to be 28 and I made a Christmas list, and got the things I wanted most on the list.  

So tip number 1:
Make a list of everything you want.  This is only a rough draft.  

Tip number 2:
Narrow down what is attainable and what is most important.

Tip number 3: 
Figure out how you are going to achieve the top of the list.   This can be challenging.  I am often expected to make large lists and they can't have the same things on it as someone else's list.  

Tip number 4: 
Determine the type of people you must talk to so you can figure out a strategy.  This can be as simple as putting what you really want and including a bunch of expensive things so they are forced to choose what you want.

Tip number 5: 
Strategize!!! While my hubby is simple and I can just tell him what I want, the folks are more challenging.  This is where hinting takes an important role.  Mentioning how something on the list would be perfect for you at this point.  

Tip number 6:  
If this fails return the item and get something you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment