Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Redecorating the apartment


It is amazing what the flu will do to a person, especially someone who doesn't enjoy just sitting still. The result of course is a day filled with reading blogs, catching up on a few of my favorite TV shows and of course watching home improvement shows. I stumbled across a wonderful blog called young house love and have become inspired to rearrange my apartment and maybe get rid of a few things. The future hubby and I are currently looking to pack up and relocate five hours away from where we live now but for the time being ( well until we find new jobs and a place to live) we are staying in our townhouse apartment. We have been here almost two years and while it feels a tad homey I still want to make a few changes. The one room I am happy with is the kitchen, just don't get me started on the storage....deep cupboards do not make organizing easy!! The colors we have in our kitchen match the dishes we registered for at macys. I have yet to mention my love for Fiestaware, it has been my favorite and I have wanted some forever but due to the steep price tags I have yet to invest in any of their pieces.


Our favorite colours are lemongrass and peacock.

I am starting to get off topic now back to the kitchen. One thing I dislike is white walls they are so boring to me so after a year of enduring the white walls I took a school break to paint the kitchen ( and extra bathroom but that we will save for a different day). I know I know that is what everyone does while on a break.


Alright so the first pic is the boring side of our kitchen with my awesome blue kitchenaid mixer basically what our entire kitchen looked like until I painted it blurple and a color that looks very close to lemongrass in my opinion. I still need to put up curtains on the window or at least a valance but for now it works. My favorite piece is the cupcake chalkboard that was made by the amazing brother of mine it matches the colors in my kitchen perfectly! Also notice the awful cupboards that make it difficult to store everything and also the lack of counter space. I really can not wait until we can buy our own house to update. It has almost been a year since i worked on the kitchen and we have had tons of mini projects to tackle. The dining room has gone through some major changes especially ever since I graduated from college. The acquisition of the table and the removal of my ginormous L-shaped desk are the biggest changes this room has gone through. I think my plan for tomorrow is to go back to using my original place mats and centerpiece because it had a much better fit to the room. Even the lantern in the corner looked as if it belonged there.


Currently the dining room has way too many colours and it has been bothering me but since I purchased the place mats from Ikea I didn't want to waste money by not using them. Hmm maybe i will clean them up and see if i can return them since the color scheme doesn't match what i intended.








In case you had not noticed I absolutely love cupcakes and I obtained these wonderful Rosanna plates at the end of my internship with an event planning company. If the dining room had a theme I would say it was cupcakes. The centerpieces i believe were purchased from pottery barn, on sale of course!! I love them but need to find a place for them in my apartment. As my mom is constantly saying I need to purge and get rid of more things from my apartment.

I must say that when the future hubby and I moved in together I had more things then he. Especially when it comes to clothing but you will see more of that later if we get that far. I will definitely need to start watching episodes of hoarding if I am going to get rid of more things. It is amazing what that show can do for you. With my plans of changing the dining room tomorrow and possibly getting rid of more things, and of course going and meeting the future sis-in-law I definitely need to get to bed.






No comments:

Post a Comment