Saturday, February 26, 2011

Apartment Bathrooms Yuck!!

Apartment bathrooms are generally very drab and there is not much that you can do to make it better since you can not change the flooring, sink, counter top or tiling. When decorating an apartment bathroom it is best to find a fun and colorful shower curtain, and matching towels and rugs. Moving in with your fiance usually means that you have two of a lot of items, this is not always a good thing. Lucky for me my shower curtain was in a lot better shape and my fiance liked my shower curtain better then his own. Trust me it was for the best!! Thankfully all of our towels are the same colors of brown and tan. If you stick with neutrals you are able to spend less by just purchasing a shower curtain which i think only cost around $10 from Target, my favorite store.


I decided to add my bubble bath and lotion that my living fiance got me for Valentines day on top the the toilet, along with a couple candles. I will definitely be finding some art to hang in the bathroom above the toilet because there is something missing. There is not much to do in this tiny space especially since most of it can not be changed. You can at least make it feel a loved. Each room even your bathroom should feel loved!!
And don't forget to clean, clean, clean it makes it look much better!! Don't you just love the counters they have flecks of gold in them.....you are lucky you wont see the floors they are awful.

Our half bath downstairs is much closer to completion because I painted and it is the bathroom visitors actually see. The red and black colors were simple to come up with for my fiance so we painted the wall red and found some black hand towels and rug. We were in luck and found them on sale at Target. See I wasn't kidding about loving Target. I decided that I wanted to have an African theme for the half bathroom and found some amazing pieces on Amazon. In three days I will purchase two sets of the animal masks so that I can hang them on the painted wall, across from the mirror.
Please Ignore the mess from cleaning out the vacuum filter!! I plan on adding something to ledge of the toilet maybe we will go antiquing and we will find some animal book ends that we can re-purpose.
As for my corner shelf, it did not have a place in our apartment and on the verge of being given away, it was so nice I decided to place it in the bathroom so that we can place important things like toilet paper and febreez for easy access for our guests. One I get the African Animal Masks I will post pics of the completed bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment