Sunday, February 27, 2011

A few of my favorite things

Out of sheer boredom, and due to the fact that I have the flu( which absolutely sucks) I decided to share with all of you my most recent purchase and some of my favorite things to decorate an apartment with. Yep you guessed it the African animal masks which after much debate, and the fact that there was only one for the price I wanted to pay I chose to only buy one instead of two. After reading the reviews I learned that you can separate the masks so that they don't have to be hung as is. I can't wait for them to arrive on Thursday so that i can hang them in the bathroom!!! Hooray you may also be saying but what happened to your no spending month? I decided that now that I have learned that it is possible to not spend money I will purchase the few things that I have wanted too get for the past few weeks and then go back to not spending any money except on food and gas!! Oh it helps that my loving fiance got promoted and a raise. Now if you are a little stretched on money it is wise to do some arts and crafts with things you have around your own home. I don't know about the rest of you but I have a lot of supplies from being in school. I was even able to paint a canvas that matched my bedspread which was purchased from Target!! I used paints that I had to buy for a color theory class. If you get bored easily from being cooped up inside during the winter it is smart to stock up on canvas' and paint when things are on sale so that you can create new paintings when you have time. Another thing to work on would be to knit or crochet something. I am currently working on a blanket for my bedroom and my next project will be learning how to create flowers.
For Future use:
Cast on 5 sts.
Small petals
1st row Kfb, k4. 6 sts.
2nd row P4, pfb, p1. 7 sts.
3rd row K7.
4th row P7.
5th row K1, k2tog, k4. 6 sts.
6th row P3, p2tog, p1. 5 sts.
Repeat 1st–6th rows 3 times. Do not break yarn.
Medium petals
1st and 3rd rows Kfb, k to end.
2nd and 4th rows P to last 2 sts, pfb, p1.
5th and 7th rows K9.
6th and 8th rows P9.
9th and 11th rows K1, k2tog, k to end.
10th and 12th rows P to last 3 sts, p2tog, p1. 5 sts.
Repeat 1st–12th rows twice. Do not break yarn.
Large petals
1st, 3rd, and 5th rows Kfb, k to end.
2nd, 4th, and 6th rows P to last 2 sts, pfb, p1.
7th, 9th, and 11th rows K11.
8th, 10th, and 12th rows P11.
13th, 15th, and 17th rows K1, k2tog, k to end.
14th, 16th, and 18th rows P to last 3 sts, p2tog, p1. 5 sts.
Repeat 1st–18th rows twice. Fasten off.
Finishing
Press. With reverse St st to outside, roll up loosely from the cast-on end. Lightly stitch the straight edges together to form a flat base, and then push up center. Gather and stitch outside edge at base. Turn back petals and steam if necessary.

Well I suppose that is enough for now I am going to continue knitting my blanket and once it is complete I will show you all what it looks like on my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment