Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dining room Revisted

I had taken these photos of my dining room awhile ago but took a long time to actually upload them. If I could change the lamp in the dining room I would....actually I would change all of the light fixtures because they are just awful throughout the entire apartment. I am looking forward to moving and finally owning our own house so that we can begin to fix it up. The best thing you can do when purchasing furniture is purchase pieces that you will be happy with and coordinate with the rest of your furniture. So far the wall is very cluttered and I am looking for something to replace some of the stuff on the wall....maybe a picture of the Eiffel tower....hmmmm I will have to look into more options. I could always paint a canvas to put on the wall.Once we get our new plates that we registered for I will actually set place settings but for now I will continue to use my cupcake dessert plates.
I decided to go back to my awesome centerpiece which was compliments of a seattle florist. I love the paris tin and the feathers mixed in with the now dry flowers. They go with my place mats that I purchased on sale. The candles I purchased during Halloween and the holders are cupcake wrappers from Bella Cupcake Couture which I got for free and re purposed.
Cost Breakdown for the Dining Room
Table: $200
Place mats: $15
Candles: $6
Dessert Plates: Free
Centerpiece: Free

We spent a total of $221 and re purposed a few other things. We could definitely use a rug in the dining room which may be on our list of things to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment