Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas gift bag reviews!!

First up I got this in my stocking.  It is a British flag with skull clutch.  I found it while browsing clutches on etsy.  I was a bit hesitant since it was a new(there weren't many sales) shop but I loved the design.  It reminds me of an Alexander McQueen clutch.  Although I haven't seen those in person so I am not sure of the similarities.  
The shop description said that the owner makes these, and I must say that so far I am impressed. When it comes to handmade items I understand they will not be perfect like things that are machine made, but I am perfectly ok with that.  
It appears to be made with pattent leather.  So the photos do not always do this justice. 
The gold hints at more of a rose gold than a true gold.  I love everything about this clutch.  I have not used it yet but plan on using it to my hubby's new year party.  
I must admit I was thoroughly impressed with how large it is on the inside.  I figured I could fit four of my iPhone 4's.  So I would definitely be able to fit my phone, keys, Chapstick, and small wallet of I had one that was a small wallet(I tend to carry long wallets).   It appears to be the perfect sized clutch.  
It's from Vieve collections and you can find this and a few other clutches.  Even the shipping time was fast.  I feel the need to state that NO I was not paid or perked to say any of this.  This clutch was a Christmas gift from my hubby but I had been eyeing this hard shell clutch for awhile.  There is even a gold one I am considering purchasing in the future. 

On to Louis the first 
I have officially been bit by the Louis bug.  My hubby spoiled me this year and splurged on the neverfull gm in damier ebene.  I adore this bag.  The size is perfect and fits everything I need.  
   I also received an organizer for it, I will do a review about that later.  I have a few bags/things I plan on making to help organize my bag better.  

I am fairly certain this is the largest bag I have owned and am completely satisfied I went for the gm over the mm.  Since i am going to have it double as a diaper bag I need all the space I can get.  The only one zippered pocket does not bother me since I rarely use pockets that are in my bags.  

So large my son fits! 

Some may ask why I went for the damier ebene over the monogram for my first Louis Vuitton bag, and as a personal opinion I find the damier to be a much more classic look.  The monogram I have never been fond of unless it included cherry blossoms or some(not all) of the other seasonal exclusives.   
I was able to take louis the first out in public today, although I am a tad nervous about my sons sippy cup.  That is on the list of projects.  Diy inexpensive solutions so I can save for my next bag. 

Overall I would definitely say a successful Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment